atool - Universal Tool to Handle Any Kind of Archive
There are numerous archive types tar.bz, tar.bz2, zip, rar, etc... And most of the time it is impossible to remember every conceivable option out there. By using a tool like atool you just have to remember things specific to atool and let the atool handle remaining details.
- aunpack - To extract files from an archive.
- apack - To create an archive.
- als - To list files in an archive.
- acat - To extract contents to standard output.
- adiff - To display differences between two archives.
- arepack - To convert an archive from one format to another.
sudo apt-get -y install atool