Scribes - Textmate for Ubuntu
Many people came to know about textmate through popular ruby on rails screencasts. Editing magic that you can do with textmate amazed minions of linux and windows users. Although you can do the same thing using emacs and vim plugins, lack of simple & powerful editor like textmate for non Mac platforms disappointed many people.
Now ubuntu users can enjoy scribes editor. It works as simple & effective as textmate. Here is brief feature overview.
- Python based plugin system to extend the capabilites of the editor.
- Edit files on remote systems through ftp, sftp, ssh, samba ...
- Auto indenting and syntax coloring for over 30 languages.
- Advanced text manipulation.
- Bookmarking lines inside a file.
- Auto complete/suggest.
- File templates.
- Simple to use and minimal user interface.
sudo apt-get -y install scribes